Care & Maintenance
Our Prefinished Floors Provide Superior Wear and Stain Resistance. Even so, simple routine care and maintenance will help protect your floors and ensure years of hassle-free enjoyment and natural beauty. For unfinished flooring, follow specific care and maintenance instructions provided by the finish manufacturer.
- Sweep, vacuum, or dust mop regularly to prevent sand or abrasive dust build up that can scratch the floor’s finish.
- Blot up spills immediately with a damp cloth
- Periodically clean floors using a leading brand of cleaner made for prefinished hardwood floors (follow directions on bottle)
- Do not use ammonia or oil-based wax, polish, abrasive cleaners, or furniture cleaners.
- Place high-quality floors mats and area rugs near outside entrances to prevent dirt, sand and other unwanted substances from being tracked directly onto flooring.
- Support heavy furniture and appliances with wide-bearing glides or casters.
- Affix felt floor protectors on movable furniture, including chairs, tables, and sofas, that sit directly on hardwood flooring.
- Relative humidity should be maintained between 35% and 55% to minimize expansion and contraction of hardwood flooring.
- Avoid walking on floors with sharp, "stiletto" style high-heels shoes.